WolfWare News ~ August 2023
Here’s your latest WolfWare News, provided to help you make effective use of WolfWare this semester.
- The Syllabus Tool created by DELTA is being retired. Fall 2023 is the last semester for creating new syllabi. For a detailed explanation including timeline, alternative options, and technical support contact information, please read the DELTA Syllabus Tool Retirement knowledge article.
- We have made major updates to our Knowledge Base to help faculty quickly get answers to most common questions
New WolfWare Tools
Several new tools are available to you! Explore the resources below and reach out to DELTA’s LearnTech Help Desk with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are here to help.
- Yellowdig: Yellowdig is a discussion platform designed to help build learning communities. It has a social media feel and uses a gamified point system to incentivize interaction. To learn more, see the Yellowdig Overview knowledge article.
- Brickfield Accessibility+ Toolkit: The Brickfield Accessibility+ Toolkit is a suite of tools designed to help instructors and Moodle course editors find and fix common accessibility issues in their Moodle-based content. To learn more, see the Brickfield Overview knowledge article.
- Safe Exam Browser: The Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is an application launched within a Moodle Quiz. When using it, students are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications while taking their exam. To learn more, see the Safe Exam Browser Overview knowledge article.
Here is a curated collection of articles to get you up and running with WolfWare.
- Requesting a WolfWare space and activating tools.
- Combining multiple class rosters Into a single shared WolfWare space
- If you are teaching multiple sections of a course and would like to have all of your students participate in a single WolfWare space please read this KBA before you request your spaces
- Creating a Moodle space for a class.
- If you are creating your course from scratch, consider using the Quick Start Course Shell to begin with a structured course layout that uses consistent elements to help students navigate your course.
- Adding your TA or other support staff to your Moodle courses.
- Making a Moodle course available to students.
- Courses open automatically to students on the first official day of classes. Instructors can change the date to open their courses sooner or later.
On-Demand Resources: DELTA maintains a searchable knowledge base of articles on WolfWare and learning technologies. Our YouTube channel is also an excellent 24/7 resource. Be sure to subscribe for updates since new content is regularly added to the channel.
WolfWare Training: DELTA hosts workshops for instructors, including training on using WolfWare tools. Check out our schedule and secure your spot as classes can fill up quickly. You can also review our inventory of recorded workshops.
Feature Requests and General Feedback: We welcome your input to make our WolfWare technologies as useful as possible to your teaching. To provide feedback and to submit (or view) feature requests, go to wolfware.ncsu.edu and select “Send Feedback” at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for your interest! Please contact DELTA’s LearnTech Help Desk by emailing email@example.com if you need assistance.