April 2018 Mediasite Administrator Update
Mediasite Users Group Meeting
Our MUG meeting is April 27, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. in Parks Shops 130. We will be discussing 7.2 new features and potential impacts on our deployment.
Mediasite Server, Recorder Disc Image and Software Versions
- Server version: 7.0.30, Build 3791.
- Recorder disc image 7.1.13.
- Most current recorder build: 7.1.14, Build 4995
- Test server: 7.2.1, Build 1703
- Recorder disc image 7.1.13
- Recorder version: 7.1.14 Build 4995
SOFO most recent release
- Recorder Build 5015
- Mediasite Recorder 7.1.14 Build 5015 package that includes a new 7.1.14 image.
April Mediasite Server Maintenance
DELTA Mediasite server maintenance date is Saturday, April 21. Windows updates will be installed between 5 and 6 a.m.
Testing Your Production Workflow
The Mediasite testing environment is available 24/7.
- Every Mediasite Instance is on the test server.
- You have access to your test Instance, 24/7.
- The URL is identical to your production instance URL except “-testing” is inserted after the college/department name, such as delta-testing, coe-testing, textiles-testing, etc.
- If you experience any difficulties, email email@example.com.
All Sonic Foundry Release Notes, bug fixes and known issues are available on the Sonic Foundry Support website.
When working with a captioning provider, always reference the NC State Convenience Contract 298479 to ensure you receive the discounted rate. Information about NC State closed captioning is on the OIT Accessibility website:
- For any Mediasite information or to send Mediasite help requests, email
- Subscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “subscribe mediasite” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unsubscribe to Mediasite updates by sending the message “unsubscribe mediasite” to email@example.com.
- DELTA Updates and Maintenance Schedule: https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/updates-maintenance/
- General information firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Support website: Mediasite Customer Assurance Portal
- Customer Support phone: 877.783.7987
As always, For any NC State Mediasite information or help requests, email email@example.com.