DELTA Offers Express Grants for Fall 2023
If you need help solving a specific pedagogical challenge — you are in luck because DELTA Express Grants are back!
Like our traditional DELTA Grants program offered every year in the spring, DELTA Express Grants provide support, key services and financial resources to increase student success through faculty partnerships and research-based best practices.
DELTA Express Grants differ from DELTA Grants in that they are shorter and more directed course improvement grants that will last a semester as opposed to the traditional year.
Recipients of these grants will receive $2,000 as well as DELTA support, including but not limited to workshops, consultations, action plan templates and additional resources.
2023 New Grant Types
DELTA literally means “change” and is a fitting acronym for our team. Staff members have a collaborative approach to their work with NC State faculty. Because of this, they have their fingers on the pulse of the issues instructors face and the challenges they seek to overcome to foster student success.
Accessibility and course mapping were two issues the faculty were focused on recently. So, DELTA created two new Express Grants to meet their needs by providing grant partnership opportunities to find research-based solutions.
Course Accessibility Express Grant
This grant is for those who seek to proactively lower barriers to equitable access and engagement in their course for all students. The type of grant work addresses common barriers and goes beyond to help find solutions to more complex accessibility issues.
DELTA has an accessibility team who will also consult with other campus partners as needed to compile the best resources available to increase accessibility in your course. During the grant process, your customized support team will address common issues and guide you through the highly technical issues.
Choose this grant if you need:
- Assistance embracing an inclusive mindset by addressing course accessibility concerns in your course.
- Guidance with technology to solve accessibility issues.
- To empower students by providing access to required course materials.
Course Mapping Express Grant
If you are interested in aligning your learning objectives, materials, activities and assessments in a user-friendly manner to support your students’ success and engagement — you should apply for this grant.
A course map is a visual representation of how all of the above mentioned course components are connected. Going through this process will put you on the path of continually improving your course according to best practices in course design. It works well for online and hybrid courses.
Choose this grant if you need:
- Assistance creating a visual representation of your course components to foster student success
- To improve your course according to best practices in course design
- To learn about Quality Matters Rubric and Standards for Higher Education (workbook included)
Ready to Apply?
- Visit go.ncsu.edu/delta-express-grants for more information about each grant type and other important dates.
- View our DELTA Express Grants FAQ page for information about grant eligibility, the review process and general inquiries.
- Email email@example.com with specific questions.
The proposal submission system opens August 21 and closes on September 15.