Mediasite Administration Update, July 2016(Archive)
There are important Mediasite actions & events occurring this month. Please mark your calendars for July 27–29. Details are below.
Recorder Image and Software Update
Recorder version 7.1.10 will be the supported version for Fall 2016. Here is the planned sequence of events:
- Testing: DELTA will test the new recorder software version in early July.
- Instructions: If all goes well, then directions for installing the update will be provided prior to the July 28 Mediasite User Group (MUG) meeting. The instructions will be uploaded to the Mediasite Admin Moodle site and a link will be sent to the Mediasite email list.
- Sonic Foundry Assistance: Sonic Foundry reps will be on site July 27–29, and have set aside Wednesday, July 27 and Friday July, 29 to help anyone who would like assistance with the update. As always, we encourage our campus partners to take advantage of this offer.
- Assistance Reservations: Please reserve a block of time with Sonic Foundry via this form.
- MUG & Lunch: The MUG meeting will be July 28 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Lunch will be provided, courtesy of Sonic Foundry.
- Lunch Reservations: Please make your lunch reservations so we know how much food to order, and if you have any specific dietary requirements.
- MUG agenda: The meeting time is extended so Sonic Foundry can provide training.
- Training will cover the new recorder interface along with new features in the management portal.
- This is BYOD session. Please bring a laptop or tablet so you can access the new recorder interface during the training session.
- Updates for the upcoming semester.
The monthly Windows Updates for the Mediasite servers will be installed between 5–6 a.m. on Saturday, July 23, 2016. The servers will be rebooted one at a time. There will be a brief (several minutes) outage when the database and file servers are rebooted, but no other interruptions are expected. The entire maintenance is expected to be brief, but we reserve the larger window in case we experience unexpected issues.